The Local Design Review Scheme for South Australia (the Scheme) provides a consistent state-wide approach for councils to provide Design Review for locally assessed development proposals with the aim of:
- supporting high-quality design
- improving access to independent and expert advice early in the planning and design process
- supporting consistent and informed planning decisions
- facilitating collaboration between allied professionals
- supporting the State’s planning system to meet objects and principles in the PDI Act.
The Scheme was prepared by the Office for Design and Architecture SA in close collaboration with council staff from across the state, the State Planning Commission, representatives from peak industry bodies and interstate government agencies with experience in Local Design Review.
The Scheme and user guide are available for download below.