The Office for Design and Architecture SA (ODASA) promotes the value of good design with the view that every new development has the potential to improve our quality of life, attract investment and reduce our impact on the environment.
ODASA works to improve our built environments by:
- embedding design quality in government and planning policy
- shaping and influencing significant developments
- promoting the role of good design in contributing to healthy neighbourhoods
- supporting design innovation
- promoting the integration of smart and sustainable technologies
Who We Are
The ODASA team is led by the South Australian Government Architect and has expertise in architecture, heritage, landscape architecture, urban design and urban planning.
The Government Architect role in South Australia:
- oversees the state’s Design Review program
- provides independent design advice on large-scale development proposals
- supports current planning reforms and the State Planning Commission
- provides independent design advice to Cabinet
- supports infrastructure, planning delivery across government
- supports government procurement