The Office for Design and Architecture (ODASA) provides strategic advice to government on the planning, design and delivery of major projects and policy.
ODASA has contributed to a range of architecture and landscape architecture built environment projects and promotes best practice principles within the Principles of Good Design.
Project Support – Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design
The team provides support to government agencies across the planning, design and delivery phases of projects to ensure compliance with government standards, guidelines and policies.
The team assists with project scope, project brief development and document preparation to support alignment between envisaged scope and budget. The team conducts design risk assessments at key project stages and conducts post-project evaluation workshops to determine whether project objectives have been met.
Other services include the development and maintenance of departmental standards, guidelines, master specifications and prequalification contracts. The team also provides specialised architectural, landscape architectural and urban design technical support.
Open Space and Places for People grants
The Planning and Development Fund is an offset scheme that provides grants to improve access to public open spaces and places.
Access to quality public open space is becoming increasingly important to ensure South Australia remains a healthy and sustainable place to live.
Local councils may apply for Open Space and Places for People grants on an annual basis to assist with the planning, purchase and enhancement of public open space.
The grant program supports projects that:
- facilitate the integrated delivery of quality public open space particularly in areas of growth and renewal
- provide a diverse range of high quality public open spaces that offer a range of active and passive opportunities
- improve the way our places function, making them more sustainable, more accessible, safer and healthier
- promote urban greening and climate change resilience
- create an interconnected network of high quality green spaces that join destinations, public transport and growth areas
Announcements about the grant program, including Frequently Asked Questions and a summary of successful projects from previous years can be found on the Plan SA website.
To speak with a member of the Grant Coordination Team please contact:
Phone: 8402 1852